Word is acting really strange. I also can’t print or save because an error says, "Out of memory".
Article ID: 165 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Some of your user settings for Word may be corrupt. To reset:
- Close Word.
- Double click on the Macintosh HD icon on your Desktop, or Mr-Smiley-Face-Guy in the Dock to open a Finder window.
- Click on the house icon next to your username in the sidebar (if there is no such icon in your Finder window sidebar, from the menu bar select Finder --> Preferences. Click on the Sidebar tab and check the checkbox next to the house icon with your username.)
- Navigate to the Library -> Preferences folder.
- Within the Preferences folder, find and delete the com.microsoft.Word.plist and com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist files.
- Within the Preferences folder go to the Microsoft Folder and delete the Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office Settings, and Word Font Substitutes files.
- Navigate to your home userspace (the house icon in the sidebar) and go to Library -> Application Support -> Microsoft -> Office -> User Templates folder and delete the file called Normal.dotm.
- Relaunch Word, and see if the problems are resolved.
Any settings that may have been changed from the standard defaults (margins, fonts, etc…) will need to be reset.