The Software Update window is up on my screen. Can I update my software? How do I turn off update prompts?
Updates to the operating system and standard applications have to be thoroughly researched and tested to insure that they don't negatively impact other existing programs or systems used on the standard staff and student image. Major software and OS deployment updates are done on all computers every year or two by the Technology Department. For this reason, if you are using an older Apple district computer we recommend you disable the software update feature on your computer.
In between the major deployments, approved incremental updates are posted in Self Service so you can install updates if needed. See KB Article 555 for details.
For Mac software update prompts, please perform the following:
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences from the drop down menu.
- In the next dialogue window, select Software Update.
- Uncheck the Automatically Check for Updates box.
For Itunes, please perform the following:
- Launch iTunes.
- In the Menu Bar, go to iTunes -> Preferences.
- On the General tab, uncheck the box that says "Check for new software updates automatically"