What is my NSD username and password used for and how do I change it?
Your NSD account is the username and password used for login to district computers, email, Google services, and more. Your NSD account username must be unique within the district and cannot be changed by you once it has been created. Your NSD password can be changed at https://password.nsd.org/
Do you use a Macintosh Computer? If so, you'll also need to run the Keychain Fix from Self Service! Go to the Applications folder and look for the Self Service icon. When you launch Self Service, you will be prompted to log in. Use your NSDNet username and password then click the login button. Click on the 1st Aid category. Choose 1st Aid: Fix Keychain Error. This patch will restart your computer immediately, so be sure to save any open work prior to installing. Click the install button.
Password Requirements: In an effort to increase the security of district accounts and systems, NSD has developed password requirements that are consistent with the 2017 guidelines provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. All NSD passwords must be 12-24 characters in length. There are no other password complexity restrictions such as the use of upper/lower case letters, numbers, or special characters.
When you change your district password at password.nsd.org, your new password will be automatically updated in the following systems:
- Desktop Login for Mac OS X and Windows computers
- Login for Chromebooks and Google Apps
- Email and calendar, including Zimbra webmail
- Web filter (Fortinet) authorize and overrides
- District File Services (MyServerFolder, file.nsd.org and webfile.nsd.org)
- Web Help Desk
- MailFile (https://mailfile.nsd.org/)
- Destiny and Media Manager (Library Systems)
- NSDPublic wireless network login
- Self Service on Mac OS X and Windows
- Hoonuit (formally Atomic Learning)
- and more!
Your password is NOT automatically changed in the following systems:
- Employee Online (paystubs, benefits info)
- Synergy (Synergy passwords can be changed using the Synergy Password Change Form link at https://password.nsd.org/)
- Business Plus (iFAS)
- NSD Apple IDs/iCloud
- State online services
- Online textbook sites like those from Pearson and Holt
If you are new to the Northshore School District and you do not have a district account, please contact your office manager.
NOTE: Never share your password with anyone else. Your NSDNet account password allows access to your emails, files and other information sensitive NSD systems. Nobody, including Technology staff, should be asking for your password.
If you are having problems logging on to your computer, please try restarting your computer first. Check to be sure you didn't accidentally type a space before or after your username, and if possible, connect to the network via Ethernet. If you are still unable to log on to your computer, please call Technical Support at x6688 to reset your password.
If you are wireless and cannot log on to your computer, try plugging in to the network via Ethernet. Then type your username and password. If you are still unable to log in to your computer, call tech support at x6688 or open a work order ticket at http://helpdesk.nsd.org.