What is my NSD username and password used for and how do I change it?
Your NSD account is the username and password used for login to district computers, email, Google services, and more. Your NSD account username is unique within the district and cannot be changed by you once it has been created.
If you are unsure what your district password is, go to https://password.nsd.org and enter your username in the "User ID" field. Click on the "Forgot" button below the "Password" field. In the next screen, use the "Verify and Reset" option to enter some personal information, such as the last 4 digits of your social security number and birth month and day, and create a new password. There is an option "Send email" to send an email to the personal email address on file for your account, we have found that option to be problematic. .
Password Requirements: In an effort to increase the security of district accounts and systems, NSD has developed password requirements that are consistent with the 2017 guidelines provided by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. All NSD passwords must be 12-24 characters in length. There are no other password complexity restrictions such as the use of upper/lower case letters, numbers, or special characters.
When you change your district password at password.nsd.org, your new password will be automatically updated in the following systems:
- Desktop Login for Mac OS X and Windows computers
- Login for Chromebooks and Google Apps
- Outlook Email and calendar (the password change may take up to 1/2 hour to sync with Microsoft's Outlook servers. If you cannot log in to email after changing your password, wait 1/2 hour and then try again.)
- Web filter (Fortinet) authorizations and overrides
- District File Services (webfile.nsd.org)
- Web Help Desk
- MailFile (https://mailfile.nsd.org/)
- Destiny and Media Manager Library Systems
- NSDPublic wireless network login
- Self Service on Mac OS X and Windows
- Hoonuit (formally Atomic Learning)
- Performance Matters (Professional Development)
- and more!
Your password is NOT automatically changed in the following systems:
- Employee Online (paystubs, benefits info)
- Business Plus (iFAS) and InTouch
- NSD Apple IDs/iCloud
- HR document system (records.nsd.org)
- State online services
- Online textbook sites like those from Pearson and Holt
If you are new to the Northshore School District and you do not have a district account, please contact your office manager.
NOTE: Never share your password with anyone else. Your NSDNet account password allows access to your emails, files and other information sensitive NSD systems. Nobody, including Technology staff, should be asking for your password.
If you are having problems logging on to your computer, please try restarting your computer first. Check to be sure you didn't accidentally type a space before or after your username. If you are still unable to log on to your computer, please call Technical Support at x6688 or create a ticket at https://helpdesk.nsd.org. You can log in to any staff Mac computer using "northshore" for both the login name and password and then access the internet for email and other district services.