My Word or Excel document won’t save. (various errors)
This problem is often hard to diagnose and correct without losing your work. The best solution is a workaround:
- Create a new blank document.
- Copy the contents of the old document by clicking on Edit and Select All
- Select Edit then Copy from the Menu Bar.
- Go to the new blank document and select Edit and Paste.
- Select File, Save, and save the new document with a different name than the original.
If you are working with a document that contains a lot of equations, be sure that you are saving the document with the .docx extension File --> Save As --> Word Document(.docx) , not Word 97-2004 (.doc). The upgrades to the equation editor within the new version of Word appear to be incompatible with the old .doc format. Revising documents originally created with an older version of Word will often default to save as .doc rather than .docx.