I can’t see my H Drive or other network drives on my Windows computer.
- Check your network / Ethernet cable. Unplug and replug it from the back of your computer and from the wall to make sure you have a good solid physical connection.
- Restart your computer.
- Log back in and check to see if you can see your H Drive.
If you still can't see your H Drive, follow the steps below:
- Try launching Internet Explorer to see if you can access any websites.
- If you can access websites, open a Web Help Desk work order ticket.
If you cannot access any websites, check to see if you are getting a valid IP address:
- Click Windows button on the task bar in the lower left corner of your screen and select Run.
- Type cmd and hit Enter. A black screen will open on your screen.
- Type ipconfig and hit Enter.
- You should see the IP address listed there (should look like 10.1xx.xxx.xxx). You may also see an error that says Media Cable Disconnected, which means your network connection is bad (check your Ethernet cord again or swap it out with a known good cable).
- If your IP address says 169.x.x.x then you are getting a self assigned IP address from a network switch. If you have a mini-switch (small box with blinking lights), check all network connections including the one going from the mini-switch to the wall. Then unplug the power to the mini-switch and re-plug power.
If you are still having problems, please open a Web Help Desk work order ticket or call Technical Support at x6688.