I play a lot of foreign DVDs and need to keep changing the region code. Is there any way around this?
You can use the VLC Player application to play most (but not all) foreign DVDs.
- On your Mac, insert your DVD disc into the drive.
- The DVD Player application will open up and prompt you to change the region code. Leave this message up on the screen (don't click Cancel. If you do your DVD will eject out of the drive).
- Go to your Applications folder and launch VLC Player (Macintosh HD -> Applications -> VLC Player)
- Once VLC Player is open, in the Menu Bar at the top of the screen select File -> Open Disc.
- In the next window click on the Open button.
Your DVD should now play. If your DVD does not play, please call x6688 or open a Web Help Desk work order ticket to have the region code changed on your computer.
Read this Wikipedia article for more about DVD Region Codes. See also the Apple Support website on DVD Video Region Codes.