I am an elementary school teacher and would like to create progress reports for parents in Easy Grade Pro.
For elementary staff that use Easy Grade Pro, there is a process to enable parents to view student progress using a web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.
- Create a ticket in WebHelpDesk requesting a Web folder be created for you. Select category 13 Files Servers and Backups, sub-catgory c. Folder Add or Change. Once the folder has been created, it will appear in your staff server folder with the folder name Web.
- Open your EGP gradebook. Click on the Student tab along the top of the window. If this is the first time you are creating Progress Reports for online viewing, hold down the Option button on the keyboard and then click on the @ (Internet) symbol just above the "Grade Scale" column to enable online progress report options. The Password column should then appear and have the word "password" or be blank for each student.
- In the Password column, replace the word "password" with a unique password for each student - a popular choice is the student number. This is the password parents will use to view their student’s progress report online.
- While the student tab is still selected on the EGP gradebook, select the @ symbol.
- In the next window, click to the right of Action: in the upper left corner of the window and select Create Website Reports from the drop down menu.
- In the Website Reports Options in the left sidebar, select your report settings (in most cases the default settings will be fine).
- Click Create in the bottom right corner.
- You will be prompted to save an HTML file. You may need to click on the reveal triangle to the right of the Save As: field to expand the window and navigate to your desired save location. If this is the first time you are creating the web based EGP progress reports, there is a New Folder button in the lower left corner of the dialogue window to create a new folder. Name the new folder with your NSD username. Do not alter any of the file names created. Multiple files will be created. They all need to be saved together in the same folder to work correctly.
- The newly created reports need to be saved to a file server so that your computer is not acting as a "host" for the progress reports. When you log in to your assigned computer, your staff server folder will automatically mount on the Desktop. Select the desktop server folder shortcut with your district username and then navigate to the Web folder. Create a new folder within the Web folder with your NSD username.
- Drag the entire folder where you saved the progress reports on your computer to the with folder on the file server with your username (the one within the Web folder in your file server folder).
- Open the /Web/yourusername folder on the file server. Double click the index.html file to open it. The file will open in a browser window.
- Copy the URL (web address) in the browser window, and then use this URL to create a link on your website or as a hot-link in an email. Parents will need to be informed of their student’s password to access their student's progress report.
- As you create new progress reports, save them to the folder (created in step 6 above) on your computer, and then drag the folder to your staff Web/yourusersname server folder. This will copy the updated progress reports to the server. You will be prompted to replace the files/folder both when saving the new files to the folder on your computer, and when copying the folder to the Web/yourusename server folder. Allow the folders/files to be replaced. Since the updated Progress Reports are in the same location on the server, there is no need to update the link on your webpage, and you can use the same link in your email.
Note: You may see the URL of the progress reports change from the original URL to to http://staffweb.nsd.org/yourusername/ a few minutes after opening it. This is normal and nothing to worry about. You may wish to wait for that change before copying the URL for your webpage link or into an email.