How do I turn off the pop-up blocker in a browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)?
There may be situations where you need to clear the pop up blockers in your browsers to use specific services such as the secure browser for student testing, or when using Synergy (Firefox is the recommended browser for Synergy).
To turn off pop-up blockers in Firefox:
- In the Firefox Menu Bar at the top of the screen, click on Firefox -> Preferences.
- Select the Content tab.
- Uncheck the box next to Block pop-up windows.
- Close out of the Preferences window.
To turn off pop-up blockers in Chrome:
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu , or select Chrome --> Preferences... from the Chrome menubar.
- Select Settings in the left sidebar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click Show advanced settings...
- In the Privacy section, click the Content settings... button.
- Under Pop-ups, select Allow all sites to show pop-ups.
- Close the preferences tab.
To turn off pop-up blockers in Safari:
- Select Safari --> Preferences from the menubar.
- Click on the Security tab. Click on the checkbox for Block pop-up windows to remove the checkmark, and then close the Preferences window.