I teach in two classrooms. How can I forward my calls to the other room or location?
With the new ShoreTel phone system, you can log on to any district phone and temporarily assign that phone to your "regular" phone number.
- When you get to your "other" room or location, pick up the handset and click on the Voice Mail button on the ShoreTel phone.
- Click the pound (#) sign.
- You will be prompted to enter your phone extension. Type your regular phone number, NOT the number for the room you're in.
- You will be prompted to enter your password. Enter your password and click the pound (#) sign.
- You will be taken to the Main Menu.
- Press 7 (for "Mailbox Options").
- Press 3 (to "Re-assign Extension").
- Press 1 to Assign.
- Hang up.
The phone will now ring in the new room rather than your "regular" room when they call your "regular" phone number.
Before you leave the "other" room follow Steps 1-7 above. For Step 8, press 2 to Un-assign. If you forget to do this before you leave, you can follow the exact steps above when you get back to your "regular" room on your "regular" phone.
For more on the ShoreTel Voice Mail system, download the ShoreTel Quick Reference Guide.
If you have any questions or if the process above doesn't work for you, please fill out a Web Help Desk work order ticket.