How do I log in to voicemail the first time or after my voicemail password is reset?
If you are using your district voicemail for the first time, you will use a default password to log in and then be asked immediately to change the password and record your name. The recording will be your default greeting until you record some custom greeting(s). The new password you pick can be anywhere from 4 to 32 digits long but it must be different from the default.
When you log in, you will need to do the following:
- Dial 425-408-6100 (or x6100 from a district phone)
- Enter the 4 digit extension of your voicemail
- Enter the default password of 1234# (always enter a # after your password)
- You will be asked to enter a new password. Enter the password, followed by #
- You will be asked to enter the password again to verify. Enter the password, followed by #
- You will be asked to record your name. This is not your full greeting, just your name.
- If the recording is fine, press # to accept it.
- You are now in the voicemail system
If you are using your voicemail after the password has been reset, you will go through the same steps EXCEPT that it will not require you to record your name.
Article 489 has more information on how to use your new voicemail.
By default, the voicemail does NOT tell you when the message was recorded. To turn on that feature, check the article on enabling wrapper information.