My iMac desktop computer won’t boot up. It shuts down immediately after the start up chime.
Article ID: 546 | Rating: 1/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM
- Shut down the computer.
- Unplug everything from the back of the computer including the computer's power cord.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Attach the computer's power cable (don't plug in anything else).
- Press and release the power button to turn on the computer.
If it boots to a login screen, then plug everything else in (keyboard, Ethernet cable, etc) and log on. If it still doesn't get to a login screen, please fill out a Web Help Desk work order ticket (on someone else's computer).