How do I set up my phone’s voicemail greeting and update the name associated with my extension when I leave a voicemail for others?
To set up the voice mail greetings on your district phone;
- Pick up the phone handset and press the Voice Mail button on the phone base.
- Enter your voice mail password. If you don't know what your voice mail password is, please call tech support at x6688 or create a work ticket to have it reset.
- Push 7 to record a personal greeting.
- Select 1 to record a new greeting.
- Select 1 again to review the recorded greeting, or 2 to re-record.
- When your greeting is satisfactory, press # to apply the recorded greeting to your extension.
To record the name associated with voicemail you leave for others;
Follow steps 1 and 2 (above) and then push 6. Follow the prompts to record your name. This is the audio that is played to identify who a call is from when you leave a voicemail for someone else.
Verbal prompts within the phone system will guide you through each step.