Tech Support Bulletin - 9/3/13
Article ID: 611 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Welcome back one and all! We hope you’re rested and ready for the new school year. We’ve been busy over the summer and have plenty of news to share with you.
- If any classroom microphone batteries still need to be replaced, please let us know by calling x6688 and we’ll arrange for them to installed as soon as possible. On Tuesday, 9/3/13, tech TA’s will continue to follow up on lists of classrooms where they were unable to find the mic’s last week.
- We are extremely short of computer bags for new teachers. If any of your staff have an unneeded district issued computer bag, please have them send it to Carol O’Mara in the Tech department.
Macintosh Computer Users:
- Please review Jon Wiederspan's eMail of 8/30/13 regarding student logins.
- NSD Cloud looks a little different for the start of the school year, and is still available at http://cloud.nsd.org. Click here to download documentation about using WebFile via webfilie.nsd.org.
- Remember that Google Docs are separate from the district server. You will not find Google Docs in your server folders, and you will not find server folders (such as Classes, Documents, Office, etc.) when connected to Google Docs.
Windows Computer Users:
- Some instructional staff will see an additional icon for a W: drive when accessing server shares. The W: drive lists all server shares that staff member has access to.