How do I use a Chromebook for state testing?
For SBAC and ELPA21 on Chromebooks
August 2020: Chromebooks must be on Chrome OS 83+ for ELPA21 and SBAC. If you are having problems using the testing app, check the Chrome OS version and update using these instructions .
NOTE: Do NOT use the old white HP 14 (G1) Chromebooks for state testing.
- Turn on the Chromebook.
- Don't log in yet!!!
- At the login screen, click on the Apps menu in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Click SecureTestBrowser
- Below "Please Select Your State:" choose Washington .
- Below "Choose Your Assessment Program:" choose Washington Comprehensive Assessment Program.
- Click OK . This will take you to the test login page. State testing requires the SecureTestBrowser app to be on v7.0. The SecureTestBrowser kiosk app will automatically update to v7.0 when Chromebooks check in to the server. The version is listed on the Sign In screen just below the "Sign In" button. It should read "Browser: Secure v7."
- If you choose the wrong state, move the mouse to the lower right corner of the screen and a checkerboard icon will appear. Click the checkerboard icon and choose Washington State.
To access the Practice and Training Test Site...
Follow the steps above. Once on the test login page (after Step 7), below the sign in screen click on " Click here to go to the Practice and Training Test Site ." You can leave the boxes checked on the training sign in page to run the test in guest mode.
If you don't see the SecureTestBrowser app...
If you do not see this app on the Chromebook login screen, please open a Web Help Desk ticket and use Request Type "05 Chromebooks - z. Other Chromebook Issue." In the Request Details please include the barcode number(s) of the Chromebooks that don't have the app and the Technology Department will troubleshoot the issue. Thank you.