Will apps work on our iPads if we update to iOS 11?
While most of the apps in our app catalog will work after the current iOS update, older "32-bit" apps will not work on iOS 11. This will only affect old (pre June 2015) iOS apps where the developer hasn't update their app(s) to Apple's latest specifications.
Here's how to check if an app on your iPad is outdated (the steps below only work if your iPad is on iOS 10.3 or higher):
- Go to Settings -> General -> About
- Click on Applications.
- You will see a list of apps that are still "32-bit." These apps will not work with iOS 11 unless they are updated. NOTE: If you click Applications, and no list of apps shows up, it means you don't have any apps that are 32-bit and all of your currently installed apps should work after the iOS 11 update. You can disregard the rest of this KB article.
- If you *do* see a list of apps, these apps will not work with iOS 11 if they are not updated. Check for app updates:
- For student devices, go to Self Service and click on the Updates tab.
- For staff devices, go to the App Store and click on Updates.