What are Outlook Add-Ins, how do they work, and will the District support me with them?
Add-ins are tools built by third party developers to enhance your experience in Outlook (some free and some paid). Add-ins may provide additional functionality that you're looking for, or may integrate another productivity tool that you use regularly. Read on for specific examples of these tools as well as instructions on how to install or remove add-ins.
"Service Level Agreement: The Technology Department can support you with the installation or removal of add ins. Additional resources will be documented for users in this Knowledge Base article. If requests are submitted for advanced troubleshooting, users will be directed to contact their building STS or Instructional Technology Coordinator for support."
A few examples:
Boomerang: Allows you to schedule emails to send later and follow up on messages that don't receive a reply.
FindTime: Supports groups in coming to consensus on a meeting time.
How to install an add-in:
1. Select the New Message icon in the top left corner of your Outlook window.
2. At the bottom of the New Message window, in the editing tools, select the Get Add-Ins link. If the link is not displayed, click on the ellipses (three dots) icon and then select Get Add-ins from the pop up menu.
3. Select My add-ins on the left side of the window. Browse the suggested add-ins or use the search bar at the top right of the window to find a specific add-in. Select the add-in you want. Boomerang is used for this example.
4. Select the blue Add button to install the add-in.
5. Once an add-in has been installed the blue Add button changes to a Get Started link. Click on this link for information on how to use the add-in you've installed.
6. Click on the ellipsis on the bottom right of the add-in tile to View Details , access Get Started, or Remove the add-in.
7. The newly installed add-in may appear as an option in the editing tools for a new email such as Boomerang does. Click on the icon to select add-in options.
How add-ins are accessed will depend on their intended task within Outlook.