Shoretel Phone system - **NEW** MiTel Communicator
The Northshore School District phone system, Shoretel, was upgraded on July 5th and 6th, 2019. A new Desktop app called Mitel Connect replaces the ShoreTel Communicator website used by staff before the July 4th weekend.
On a Windows computer, MiTel Connect has been installed on your assigned staff computer if you used the web based Shoretel Communicator before July 5, 2019. Technology has installed the app on some Mac computers and is available in Self Service if installation is needed.
Open the MiTel Connect app. Entering login information varies slightly for Windows and Mac users.
- In the "Email or username" field, enter your district username (not your district email address).
- In the "Password" field, enter your district password.
- Click on the carat next to "Show advanced" to expand the login screen options if needed.
- Check the "Use Windows Credentials" checkbox.
- The Domain field will auto-fill.
- In the "Server" field, enter "comm".
- Check the "Remember me" checkbox to save your login information.
- Click on the "Login" button.
Mitel Connect Basics
Basic features are covered by the following YouTube videos:
- Placing a Call (21 seconds)
- Answering Calls (1 minute 5 seconds)
- Voicemail (3 minutes 29 seconds)
- How to Transfer Calls (1 minute 29 seconds)
- Conference Calls (1 minute 40 seconds)
Additional YouTube videos are available in KB #769