Using MiTel Connect on your District computer
The Northshore School District phone system (was ShoreTel but now is MiTel) has a Connect application for Windows and Macintosh that provides remote use of your district phone, including managing voicemails, changing phone settings and modes, and even making calls through your district phone from your computer. The app has been installed on many staff Windows computers and on some staff Macintosh computers. For Macintosh users, the app is also available in Self Service for installation. Windows users needing the Connect app installed, please open a work order in the Technology Work Order system to request that installation.
Open the MiTel Connect app. Entering login information varies slightly for Windows and Mac users.
- In the "Email or username" field, enter your district username (not your district email address).
- In the "Password" field, enter your district password.
- Click on the carat next to "Show advanced" to expand the login screen options if needed.
- Check the "Use Windows Credentials" checkbox.
- The Domain field will auto-fill.
- In the "Server" field, enter "comm.nsd.org".
- Check the "Remember me" checkbox to save your login information if desired.
- Click on the "Login" button.
Mitel Connect Basics
Basic features are covered by the following YouTube videos:
- Placing a Call (21 seconds)
- Answering Calls (1 minute 5 seconds)
- Voicemail (3 minutes 29 seconds)
- How to Transfer Calls (1 minute 29 seconds)
- Conference Calls (1 minute 40 seconds)
Additional YouTube videos are available in KB #769