The "New" Outlook - August/September 2019
Microsoft has informed the District that they will be updating the Outlook Web experience for all users. They will push out the update starting August 5th through September 30th, however they are unable to provide a specific date on when this will occur for Northshore staff. The “New” Outlook will bring a variety of general improvements to the web client including:
- More powerful search functionality with options to filter by folders, subject, keywords, dates, and attachments;
- An automatic option to “undo” deleting or moving a message;
- Enhanced features in the Quick Calendar Event window, allowing you to quickly add invitees, rooms, and more;
- The ability to search by room names in Calendar;
- A “What’s New” section that tells you about new features with video;
- Many speed and stability improvements!
Microsoft introduces a new look for icons and buttons in the new client, replacing picture icons with line drawing icons, but things are mostly still in the same place. The key changes are:
- “New Message” is now located over the list of message folders (same for other New buttons);
- The Search field is now at the very top of the window and just says “Search”;
- Email listing can now show the name and type of attachments;
- Microsoft has slightly different selections of calendar colors (depending on which theme you select).