Using MiTel Connect on your cell phone or mobile device
The District phone system has a new service called MiTel Connect that will allow you to make phone calls from your cell phone (or tablet) and route them through your work phone number so the call recipient only sees your work phone number. Below are instructions for installing and configuring the Connect app (for iOS and Android).
NOTE: This service has had some problems with about 10% of our staff due to issues either with their cell phone plan or their home network configuration. We are unable to help with those issues, but will be including tips below as we hear from staff about changes that fixed their connection issues.
- Download the client for your Android phone (from Google Play store) or iPhone (from Apple store). Search for "Mitel Connect" and select "Mitel Connect (formerly Shoretel)" and install. This is a free app.
- Launch the app on your smartphone. Accept the warning that it doesn't do 911 calls.
- When it launches, it will ask for the following:
- Username: (enter your district account username like “mhawker")
- Choose Type of Service: select "MiVoice Connect (Premise)"
- Server Address: Enter "comm.nsd.org" (without the quotes)
- Click on the "Next" button at the bottom to continue
- Enter your district account password and your cell phone number.
- Click on the "Sign in" button
- NOTE: At this point, you may get a warning that the certificate does not match. Please click on "Accept" which will enable the secure connection to the server. This warning doesn't seem to appear every time you connect but does appear on occasion. This is a known issue and we are continuing to work on a solution to keep this from happening.
- You should get a confirmation popup that the phone was registered or connection was successful.
To call someone, you can check to see if they are in your contacts or you can click on the button at the center bottom (circle with nine circles inside it forming a square - like a phone dial pad) and bring up a dial pad to enter a phone number.