Essential Chromebook Troubleshooting Steps
Article ID: 800 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 7:57 AM
The following steps can help resolve numerous Chromebook issues. If you are having issues with your district Chromebook, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart the Chromebook. If it won’t shut off, press and hold the Power button for about 5-10 seconds until it shuts off. Wait a few seconds. Turn it back on.
- Confirm that the Chromebook successfully connects to the Wi-Fi network. Make sure you enter the correct WiFi password.
- Log in to the Chromebook using your district @apps.nsd.org account.
- Clear the Chrome cache by using the shortcut: Control + Shift + Backspace
- If the issue involves a web page that isn't loading or a website that is freezing, try turning off uBlock Origin.
- Check to see if the issue persists. If you are still having issues, go to chrome://settings/reset and select "Restore settings to their original defaults."
- In the URL field, type chrome://help and check to see if it is on Chrome OS v86 . If it is not on v86, please update the Chrome OS.
- Restart and log in again with your @apps.nsd.org account to see if the issue has been resolved or not.
If you continue to have issues, please open a Web Help Desk work order ticket.