Essential iPad Troubleshooting Steps
Article ID: 804 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 11:34 AM
The following steps can help resolve numerous iPad issues. If you are having issues with your district iPad, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Try a "reset" (different from restarting)
- Hold down both the Home AND Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple logo on black screen (about 10 seconds).
- When you see the Apple logo on the black screen, let go of both buttons.
- Clear the Safari cache and cookies.
- Go to Settings -> Safari , and tap Clear History and Website Data .
- Go to Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data .
- Try resetting the network settings.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings .
- In the pop-up window, click Reset .
- The iPad will restart.
- When it comes back up, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Try updating the iOS
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Install any available update
If you continue to have issues, please open a Web Help Desk work order ticket .