Essential iPad Troubleshooting Steps
Article ID: 804 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 6:58 AM
The following steps can help resolve numerous iPad issues. If you are having issues with your district iPad, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the iPad is connected to NSDPrivate, and turn OFF Private Address (iPadOS 14+)
- Go to Settings -> WiFi -> NSDPrivate.
- Turn OFF the switch next to "Private Address" (if it's already off, move on to the next step).
- Try a "reset" (different from restarting)
- Hold down both the Home AND Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple logo on black screen (about 10 seconds).
- When you see the Apple logo on the black screen, let go of both buttons.
- Clear the Safari cache and cookies.
- Go to Settings -> Safari , and tap Clear History and Website Data .
- Go to Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data , then tap Remove All Website Data .
- Try resetting the network settings.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Setting s .
- In the pop-up window, click Reset .
- The iPad will restart.
- When it comes back up, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Try updating the iOS
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update .
- Install any available update
If you continue to have issues, please open an IIQ work order ticket .