How do I accept a new VPP invitation on my iPad?
***If you don't have a district Apple ID, see this article on how to create an Apple ID without a payment method. Please use your @nsd.org email address.***
Paid apps that are purchased by the district can be assigned to you through your firstname.lastname@example.org Apple ID. In order to receive these assignments, staff must accept a new VPP invitation. Here are instructions on how you can accept the new VPP invitation to receive paid apps that are assigned to you.
- Make sure you are connected to NSDPrivate (Settings -> Wi-Fi -> NSDPrivate), and that you have logged in to the WebFilter.
- On your iPad, go to Settings -> iTunes and App Store.
- In the upper right corner, click on your Apple ID and click "Sign Out." If it is blank, then you are already signed out.
- After you are signed out, click in the Apple ID field again and log back in with your email@example.com Apple ID. *Having trouble logging in? See troubleshooting information at the bottom of this page.*
- Once you are logged in with your @nsd.org Apple iD, go to your Home screen and launch Self Service.
- Next to VPP Invitations, click "Accept."
- On the right side of the screen, click on "Accept Invitation."
*Some staff members have experienced issues when trying to accept the VPP invitation from home. If you are unable to complete these steps from home, please try again when you are in-district.
- In the next window, click "Continue."
- When you see the terms and conditions, scroll to the bottom and click "Agree." In the pop up window, click "Agree."
- You're all set! Click OK. You'll find apps assigned to you under the Purchased section of the App Store. Visit KB Article 621 for details on how to download apps assigned to you (see the section under "Paid Apps").