How do I add a printer on a Windows 7 PC?
Printers in Windows student labs are available on the stuprint2016 print spooler. Other printers are available on the staffprint2016 print spooler.
Add A Networked Printer
- Click on the Orb/Start button in the lower left corner of your screen. Choose Devices and Printers.
- Click on Add a Printer. Click Next.
- Click on Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Make sure that the radio button for Select a shared printer by name is selected. In the field just below the radio button, type staffprint2016 or stuprint2016. If you don't see the printer you want on staffprint2016, check for it on stuprint2016.
- From the list that appears, select the printer you want to add. .
- Click NEXT and it should tell you that you have successfully added a printer. Click NEXT.
- If you want this printer to be your default printer, check the Set as the default printer checkbox.
- Click FINISH.
Article ID: 543
Created On: Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 12:59 PM
Authored by: Maija Stein
Online URL: https://kb.nsd.org/article-543.html