How do I back up photos from my iPad or iPhone to my NSD Google Drive account?
- Install the Google Photos app from the App Store.
- Open the Google Photos app
- You may be prompted with one or more of the following at certain points throughout this process:
- If it asks "Google Photos" Would Like to Access Your Photos, click "OK".
- If it asks "Google Photos" Would like to Send You Notifications, click "Allow"
- If it asks "Google Photos" Wants to use "google.com" to Sign In, click "Continue"
- Sign in to your [username]@apps.nsd.org account
- Switch the "Back up & sync" toggle to the blue on position.
- If you are on an iPhone, make sure “Use cellular data to back up” is toggled off.
- On the next screen, choose “High Quality (free unlimited storage)” and "Continue".
Once you hit Continue, the back up & sync process begins (presuming you are on a Wi-Fi network or using cellular data). The more photos you have, the longer this automated process will take, so don't be worried if it takes a while to finish up.
For more details on Google Photos app, visit this Google Photos Help page.
Article ID: 638
Created On: Fri, May 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 1:12 PM
Authored by: Joe Yamada
Online URL: https://kb.nsd.org/article-638.html