As staff are settling into Outlook, Technology is learning new tips about how to best use these new tools. Here are some of the current top tips for using Outlook:
1. Dealing with Junk Mail: The District is now utilizing Microsoft's email filtering tools. You can now mark messages as junk on your own! Detailed instructions on how to mark messages as junk or phishing can be found in KB Article 2.
2. Use Outlook in Chrome: For the best experience, use Outlook in Google Chrome. There are issues that have been discovered in the current versions of Firefox and Safari including: inability to print emails from Firefox, challenges with copy/pasting email addresses into the "to" field in Safari, and issues with browser tabs constantly refreshing. Turn off pop-up blockers: Some Outlook features require pop-up windows in your browser. Turn off pop up blockers via instructions in KB Article 515.
3. Set up Outlook on your mobile device: If you want to setup email and calendar on a mobile device, view instructions in KB Article 734.
4. Change the default email reply setting from "Reply All" to "Reply." View instructions in KB Article 750.
5. Choose to view emails by "Conversations" or "Messages." Choosing between the conversation or messages view is a personal preference. Visit KB Article 747 for more information on these settings and how to change them.
6. Email Groups/Contact Lists: Your personal email groups/contact lists from Zimbra should be in your Outlook contacts. View KB Article 748 for detailed information on how to view and manage your Contact Lists.
Article ID: 751
Created On: Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 1:41 PM
Last Updated On: Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 9:47 AM
Authored by: Sarah Lawrence
Online URL: https://kb.nsd.org/article-751.html